Friday 12 October 2012

Bellabox Singapore: October 2012 ~ Birthday Box

The month of October has arrived meaning Halloween is just around the corner! Yay! October is also the  birthday month of Bellabox (Happy 1st Birthday!), meaning that Bellabox members are definitely in for a treat this month.

I just want to take the time to say a personal thank you to the Bellabox team, for all their hard work they put in to making the Bellabox experience one to be enjoyed.  I brought my very first box in May and I've enjoyed getting each one. (I wish I had found out about it sooner!) Now that I've finished getting all mushy ha ha, lets see what's inside this months box:

This months box was the signature Bellabox colour (I wish all the boxes were this colour, it's lovely!)


 It also had black tissue paper this month

Anybody else want a cupcake now?


1. NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil




Information
"Pamper yourself with this luxurious oil treatment that can be used on hair (no heating required) as well as your face and body. And just a couple of drops in the bathtub will create perfectly soft skin that's ready for a celebration!"

Price
100mL for S$68

First Impressions
Can we just take a second to appreciate how cute this bottle is! hehe anyway, I haven't really heard about this brand much except I know that alot of celebrities use their products (not sure which products specifically though). I tried this on my hand and it absorbed very quickly, and didn't feel greasy at all. 

The scent is sort of flowery and it's really strong like all the NUXE products in the box, and after taking all my photographs for this post, I was left with a throbbing headache. I'm not particularly sensitive to smells, but if you are I would maybe steer clear of these products.

Sample Size:
10mL = S$6.80



2. NUXE Body 24HR Moisturizing Body Lotion






Information
"Eliminate dry skin with sweet almond and sunflower oils. Wheat and wood extracts make this a natural formula that absorbs instantly, allowing you to dress immediately after application. No wait means you're on to your destination and your fun - fast!"

Price
200mL for S$38

First Impressions
Smells kind of flowery and citrusey...again a very strong scent. The only thing that makes me skeptical about this product is that it's supposed to be 24HR hydration but absorbs instantly, which makes me think that it wouldn't be hydrating at all. I guess I'll have to try it and see.

Sample Size
15mL = S$2.85


3. NUXE Face and Body Ultra-Rich Cleansing Gel





Information
"The soap-free cleansing gel is the perfect compliment to your unwinding regime. Fast, easy to use and infused with a delectable honey scent, transporting you to a calm, post night out sense of peace."

Price
200mL for S$38

First Impressions
It's quite a thick gel. I wouldn't say it smells like honey but I don't like honey so I guess that's a good thing!

Sample Size
15mL = S$2.85



4. Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Solution







Information
"This is Bioderma's star product, a truly unique cleansing solution that is formulated specially for sensitive skin. Sensibio H20 is prescribed by dermatologists for its perfect tolerability, cleansing efficacy and soothing properties. This non-rinse solution is gentle enough to remove face and eye makeup."

Price
100mL for S$15.90 (Size featured in picture above, Available @ Guardian!)

First Impressions
As you can see I already own the 100mL bottle, which I got July-August time from Guardian and since I've started using it, I haven't used anything else. It is amazing, totally worth the money and the reviews it gets. I used to get really red and sore areas on the outside of my eyes (the area in which you would get crows feet) because I would scrub to get off my eyeliner, however this is so gentle and doesn't leave a film on your eye if it gets inside and it doesn't sting one bit. If you haven't tried this, you need to!

Sample Size
20mL = S$3.18


5. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT (aka Little Black Dress)




Information
"This divinely feminine scent means "little black dress" in French. Could there be a more perfect name for the perfect special-night-out perfume? The inclusion of roses, orange blossoms, musk, cherry and apple will leave a trail of light, yet womanly allure that both precedes and follows your footsteps"

Price
30mL for S$81 

First Impressions
The description of this is spot on. It is totally a night scent but it isn't too heavy or overpowering. Unfortunately I do really like this perfume, and the sample is so adorable! And the actual perfume bottle is beautiful also. It is however super expensive especially for a 30mL bottle. However maybe it would last a long time since you don't need much to get a strong scent.

Sample Size
1mL = S$0.81 


Surprise Birthday Gift - Bellabox Compact Mirror



I'm totally going to put this in my new bag! They had posted a sneak peek on their Facebook Page and Website, and I knew it was going to be a mirror, but the words on the back were a surprise and made me smile.

It is a standard double sided mirror, with a magnetic snap closure.


Overall Price of Box: S$ 16.49 (not including mirror)


As for my review of Septembers box, I love the Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift perfume and the Origins  Make A Difference Plus + however I had a REALLY bad breakout so I don't know if that was what caused it. I used the Rimmel Flash Eyeliner a few times, and I like it. 

I didn't try the Celmonze Facial Ampoule or the Vichy Bi-White Lotion yet.



Thanks for reading!

Let me know if you've tried and liked (or disliked) any of these products


Becky



4 comments:

  1. the mirror looked different from the teaser pictures they posted doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it looks a little different but it's still cute :P

      Delete
  2. I just blogged about mine http://diamondinrouge.blogspot.sg/2012/10/hey-dolls-as-bellabox-sg-is-celebrating.html And actually found the box a little disappointing for value and the fact it's not too "WOW" for a B'day box... I expected a lot more :(
    The mirror is really cute though! :)

    p.s. Thanks for the award nomination Becky! I'll do a post on it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess so but since we recently got the Anna Sui products and China Glaze in one box, I haven't been expecting anything full sized, however in the birthday box there could have been at least one full sized product!

      No problem! I look forward to reading it :)

      Becky

      Delete