Tuesday 9 April 2013

essence cosmetics Home Sweet Home Collection Review and Swatches Part 1: Blush Duos and Lipsticks

The Home Sweet Home Collection by essence, available in stores now (see which Watson's stores sell essence here) consists of 2 blush duos, 2 long lasting lipsticks, 3 eye shadows, 4 nail polishes, a volume & gloss lip maximiser, nail fashion stickers and a cute drawstring purse.


*

The long-lasting lipsticks are described as  "a long-lasting lipstick that provides intensive colour for your lips and leaves behind a soft, shiny finish."






In the shade
Natural Daylight

01 Red-Y To Relax (S$5.50 for 4g / 0.14 oz) is a neon brick red with warm undertones.






 



02 Berry Me Home (S$5.50 for 4g / 0.14 oz) is a deep wine shade with warm undertones.






*

I have quite a few essence lipsticks from the core range and I already know that I love everything about them, these are no exception. In fact, I would say I like them more!

Just like with every essence lipstick, the tube is the same colour as the lipstick for easy identification.

Both of these shades are extremely pigmented and lasted a good 3-4 hours on the lips. The finish is somewhere between a satin and a matte I would say. I have Ruby Woo from MAC and I love how it is such a true red shade, but it is sooo dry that I find it so uncomfortable to wear in this hot weather. Red-y To Relax would be a great alternative. If you are looking to venture into dark lips, these are excellent products to do it with, and for S$11 for both (as opposed to the S$27 for one MAC lipstick), you really can't go wrong!


*

The blushes are described as "they each contain one base colour and one contrasting colour embossed in a trendy Nordic knit design. The powdery finish creates an irresistibly fresh and natural looking complexion."

 





Top-Bottom: Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 3 (colours combined)

01 Knits For Chicks (S$6.00 for 8g / 0.28 oz) has a shimmery light baby pink and a matte burgundy shade. Together the colours create a rosy shimmery pink shade. Both with cool undertones.







Top- Bottom: Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 3 (colours combined)


02 Wool-D You Cuddle Me? (S$6.00 for 8g / 0.28 oz) has a shimmery orange creamsicle shade and a matte crimson red shade. Together the colours create a shimmery coral shade. 
Both with warm undertones. 
*

Aren't these the cutest blushes ever?! I love the sweater knit design embossed into the product,  it makes it a little more fun since the packaging is plain. I have never tried a powder blush from essence before but these are fab! As you can see from the above swatches you're basically getting 3 shades in one. In Knits For Chicks the first shade can easily double as a cheek highlighter.


The pigmentation of these products is great, they feel very silky to the touch. Also they don't leave your cheeks looking chalky, which is always a plus.

The one negative this I do have to say about them, is that they smell really strongly of ink (I don't know if this is just me but when I was at school in England we had to use Biro's, which are like ball bearing pens. and they have this distinct metal ink scent, that is what these smell like). I'm used to most of essence products smelling like fruit so it caught me off guard.


*

That's the end of Part 1 of my reviews of the Home Sweet Home collection by essence. Part 2 will consist of the nail polishes, so look out for that Thursday/Friday.


Let me know if you've tried any of these products below!



Thanks for stopping by,
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment