Saturday 6 April 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Collection ~ Dear My Jelly Lips Talk in JOR203

Continuing on with the reviews of the Etude House Sweet Recipe Collection, is the second lipstick that I brought from the collection. Don't forget to check out my review of JPK003 if you haven't already!

(On Monday, the review of the Cupcake All Over Multi-Tints For Eyes, Lips and Cheek will be published, so look forward to that!)


Overview of Product
The product is described as being a "vibrant and shiny Jelly textured lipstick which supplies moist shine and sweet colours for long wear comfort".


There are a total of 8 colours to choose from in the collection:
(source)


I purchased mine in JOR203



Again, I really love how the colour of the lipstick is represented on the lipstick tube so you don't have to take the cap off to know which colour it is!


JOR203 is a deep burnt orange/red shade.


Left: 1 swatch            Right: 2-3 swatches
  The great thing about the formula is that you can totally build up the colour, like if you wanted it to be more opaque or more sheer depending on what you're looking for. That being said it is still opaque enough to cover your natural lip colour.

If you are just branching into deeper lip colours, a formula like this and also like the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are great since it is so sheer and you can test how dark you like your lips to be  :D

Bare Lips


I found the product to be very moisturising and creamy on the lips, it just glides on and feels like I'm wearing a lip balm.

The ingredients in the lipstick are Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Sugar Maple, Orange, Lemon and Xylitol.

When I read the ingredient list I was looking forward to the scent because I thought it was going to smell like citrus!

However it smells like cinnamon and cloves and old spice and it gives me a headache.....blurgh :S So I would suggest if you are very sensitive to scents, not to purchase this product.


It lasted a good 1-2 hours on my lips (nothing really ever lasts longer since I tend to lick my lips when I'm nervous ha ha!)

Apart from the scent I think this shade would be great for people who are new to darker lips like I stated before, but it would also be great for the winter time since people are more likely to wear darker lips but winter is also notorious for making your lips cracked and sore like hell! So if you are going to be using a lip balm, why not use a tinted one? Am I right or am I right!?


This product retails for USD$8.90 (around S$12) for 3.4g (0.11 oz) of product on KollectionK and can also be found at your local Etude House outlet.



Thanks for stopping by!
Becky



No comments:

Post a Comment