Monday 8 April 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Collection ~ Cupcake All Over Multi Tint for Eyes, Lips and Cheek (PK001, PK002 and OR202) Review and Swatches

Up next in the Sweet Recipe Collection by Etude House we have the Cupcake All Over Multi-Tint For Eyes, Lips and Cheeks. There are five colours in total within the collection:

(source)

I purchased 3:

L-R:  PK001 Blueberry Cheese Cake, PK002 Strawberry Chiffon Cake and OR202 Peach Sugar Cake


These tints are described as "cream textured colour for lips, cheek and eyes in delicious cupcake designs".








PK001 Blueberry Cheesecake (USD$7.20 for 10g) is a light lavender shade with warm pink undertones. 






PK002 Strawberry Chiffon Cake (USD$7.20 for 10g) is a light candy pink shade with warm coral undertones.






OR202 Peach Sugar Cake (USD$7.20 for 10g) is a vibrant peach shade with warm orange undertones.


*

As I have stated before with the lipsticks from this collection, they have a very strong scent so I would recommend giving them a sniff in-store if that's possible. These smell like fizzy peach.

The colour pay-off is good and the texture is very creamy almost like icing.

The formula on closer inspection is actually cream to powder. And that's where I found a problem. 

I really like to use these on the cheek because it means I don't have to set my blush like I would if I was wearing a liquid blush because it does it for me! However when I put these on my lips, it not only looked awful but it felt awful too. I don't know anybody who uses powdery products on their lips, do you? I don't know if you guys have every experienced, whether it be with talcum powder or flour when baking, if you get powder wet it turns into like a weird sticky paste. Well imagine that on your lips, that part of your lip where it is wetter (I don't know if this is making sense but it makes sense in my head haha!) it turned into a weird thick paste so when I opened my mouth to speak you could see this line of paste, not attractive.

So if you are buying this product hoping to use it all over like it states or you have very dry skin, then I would skip it. .

However if you want to use these colours as blushes like me, I think they are worth having in your collection!



*


Where To Buy (Internationally): KollectionK



Other reviews from the Sweet Recipe Collection:
- Ice Cream Nails (Post will be up on Wednesday 10th)





Thanks for stopping by!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment